Why You Should Be Using an Anti-Aging Oil Serum May 06, 2017 09:39
Facial oils are the fastest way to fortify and strengthen our own natural skin barrier, restoring the skin's first defense against skin pollution. If properly chosen, cold-pressed plant oils boost radiance, give much needed moisture, and can help fight breakouts and discoloration. Oils have the capacity to deliver antioxidants, vitamins and omega fatty acids deeper into the skin, delivering results you will most likely notice after the first application.
Is a Facial Toner a Waste of Money or a Must-Have? February 02, 2017 14:31
In my quest to find the secret to younger looking skin, I met many women that claimed a facial toner is an absolute must-have and the secret to their timeless beauty. Intrigued, I decided to do some research. Could a toner be the solution for clearing your skin problems or just a waste of money? Read on to find out.
Exciting News, New Products and Holiday Cheer December 11, 2016 20:03Three new skin care products are ready just in time for the Holiday season. All-natural, vegan, GMO- and gluten-free. Meet the Fantastic 3!
Pretty Scary Halloween! October 26, 2016 12:30The 2016 "Pretty Scary" report is a must-read for every parent. Developed and published by the Breast Cancer Fund and spearheaded by their Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, this report reveals the widespread presence of toxic chemicals in cosmetic products marketed to kids. The presence of these chemicals is of serious concern, since children are highly vulnerable to the effects of toxic chemicals.
Happy International Lipstick Day! July 29, 2016 01:37
Happy International Lipstick Day! These interesting facts, some of them little-known, will change the way you look at a tube of lipstick.
35% off to keep you looking flawless! July 22, 2016 14:40
Happy Earth Day! April 22, 2016 12:29
Happy Earth Day!
Let's make every day Earth Day!
We are happy to be able to bring our small contribution to a greener Earth by keeping chemicals, harmful preservatives, artificial fragrances and dyes away from our products, our Earth and your skin.
Here's to a beautiful, healthier you!
Our Online Store Turns 1 Today! March 29, 2016 09:14 2 Comments
Looking back at the very beginning of this exciting and passionate endeavour I relive the hope, excitement, victories, and disappointments all over again. It hasn’t been easy, but I certainly learned a lot about running a business and about myself. I continue to hope that more and more women will turn to safe cosmetics and no one will have to pay with their health in order to be beautiful.
So what happened this past year?
- We expanded the range of our products: lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balms, eyeliners, eye shadows, powder foundations, finishing powders, concealers and blushes are now obtainable from our online store, all 100% natural, vegan, gluten & GMO-free.
- Beside the online store, since January 2016, Sheer Blends products have also been available on Amazon – not an easy feat, considering cosmetics are regarded as a gated category and had to go through endless stages of approval. I’m excited to have this large platform where to promote my natural products! https://www.amazon.ca/sheerblends.
- My makeup can also be found at The Tanning Place and Concept Spa in Newmarket, where you can see it and test it before buying: https://www.facebook.com/TanningPlaceNewmarket .
- I attended quite a few vendor shows and met many women thrilled to find local natural alternatives for their beauty needs. Sadly, I also met women who couldn’t care less about natural makeup and who walked by my products without a second look, heading straight to the nearest table with toxic-laden cosmetics. One of my goals this year is to reach at least a few of these women and make them understand that everything they put on their face is absorbed by the skin.
- Many of the articles I posted on the Sheer Blends’ blog were published on Ezine Articles, the leading article directory site on the internet, which led to increased online visibility of my store: http://ezinearticles.com/expert/Simona_Gruia.
Thank you so much for being our fans, customers and supporters! To show our appreciation, lipsticks, lip glosses and lip balms are 50% off, with discount code ONE, entered at checkout. Offer ends at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, March 30, 2016. Shop now at https://sheerblends.com/collections/lips.
How to Make Your Eyes Look Bigger March 01, 2016 18:24There’s not much we can do about the natural shape and size of our eyes. However, there are clever ways to create the illusion of big, beautiful eyes with makeup. Simple tips and tricks to enhance your features and make your eyes look bigger.
New Year's Eve - Purple & Gold Eye Makeup Tutorial December 30, 2015 00:08Get ready for the New Year's Eve party with this step-by-step tutorial of one of my favourite party looks: wintery purples and gold eye makeup.
See you in Bradford! December 11, 2015 13:19On Saturday, December 12, 2015, Sheer Blends will be at Bradford & District Memorial Community Centre. Free admission and parking! Amazing gifts for Christmas!
Huge Holiday Show in Aurora! We'll be there! November 27, 2015 11:20Sheer Blends will be at the Royal Canadian Legion, Aurora, this Saturday, November 28th, 2015. Stop by to meet us, test our makeup and take advantage of our Black Friday sale. Stocking stuffer items are starting at $4.00!
Transitioning from Day to Night - Easy Makeup Tips November 20, 2015 14:11Friday after-work fun in your plans tonight? A quick touch-up is all it takes to revive your makeup. Easy makeup tips for a flawless finish in no time.
Meet us at the Royal Canadian Legion, Newmarket! November 13, 2015 10:05The Holiday Season is upon us once again. Come on out and enjoy some early Christmas shopping with some great vendors – Sheer Blends included, Christmas music & more on Saturday, November 14th, 2015, at the Royal Canadian Legion, Newmarket!
How to Achieve a Natural, No-Makeup Look November 06, 2015 14:326 easy steps to achieve that natural, no-makeup look that everyone finds so attractive.
New Sheer Blends Products October 30, 2015 21:17Get ready for the Holiday season by bringing a touch of light and colour to your eyes! Take a look at our new natural & vegan eye shadows, primer and concealer!
Simple Techniques for Accentuating Your Eyes with an Eyeliner October 19, 2015 19:44Do you know how to properly line your eyes for maximum impact? Learn a few simple techniques for defining and accentuating your eyes.
6 Quick Fixes for Puffy Eyes - Home Remedies & Makeup Tips October 12, 2015 10:00 1 CommentIf you ever woke up with puffy eyes in the morning, you know how frustrating it is, especially when you have a big day ahead. Here are 6 quick fixes that will help you reduce and conceal swelling around the eyes.
DIY Natural Beauty Recipe & New Products July 01, 2015 08:00
If you want your makeup to look flawless, start by taking good care of your skin. Try the Banana – Avocado Face Mask recipe and see how wonderful your skin will look and feel.
Do not miss our upcoming Facebook contest! Name the eye shadow and win it!