Transitioning from Day to Night - Easy Makeup Tips November 20, 2015 14:11
We’ve all been there… At the end of the work day, filled with tight deadlines, back-to-back meetings, lunch on the run, you finally have a look in the mirror and step back gasping in horror!!! Who is that sad woman staring back at you? Shinny face, eyeliner smudged under the eyes, a vague reminder of what used to be lipstick this morning, no colour in your cheeks… People had to look at this face all day?
You certainly know how annoying it is when makeup fades or smudges throughout the day. It is especially frustrating when you have an after-work date. A quick touch-up is all it takes to revive your makeup, but do you know what to do without messing up what you’ve already got on? Follow the tips below for a flawless finish in no time.
If you have oily skin, lightly dab away the excess oil with a tissue or blotting paper.
Remove all of your lipstick. Apply a layer of lip balm. All traces of lipstick will combine with the oils of the balm and easily wiped off with a tissue. If your lips feel dry, apply another light layer of balm as a base for lipstick. If you are using one of our lipsticks, you can skip this last step, as they’ll provide all the moisture your lips need beside awesome colour.
- Smooth out the existing foundation and blush with a clean sponge or brush. Use a gentle buffing motion, making sure to smooth things as you go, without removing all of your makeup.
- Apply a little extra concealer under the eyes to lighten and freshen up your face.
- Apply more blush. You can choose a more intense colour for night like Red Cherry for light skin or Burgundy for dark skin.
- Dust on a light layer of translucent powder over the face.
- Touch up the eyeliner. Use the corner or side of your makeup sponge to remove any evidence of smeared eyeliner, then line the eyes again, building up to the intensity you desire.
- If your eye shadow tends to crease throughout the day, blot the area gently with a tissue or blotting paper. Forget about the neutral tones you used for the office! Choose colour and shimmer for your night out! Any range of deep and smoky colours will work to amp up your makeup. Look for dark greys, plums or browns eye shadows.
- Apply another layer or two of mascara, just make sure you are using a mascara that works well with layering, since some of them can get flaky and clumpy if you apply a new coat at the end of the day
- Finally, reapply your lipstick. Now is the time to go for a bold colour like Passion Red, Maroon or – why not? - Violet. My personal favourite is Plum, a very trendy colour this fall.
- If you want extra sparkle, add a touch of lip gloss on top of your lipstick. Great choices for night are Mulberry – my favourite! – and Raspberry.
Wait… who is that gorgeous woman staring back to you in the mirror all ready for Friday night fun? Oh, yeah, it’s you, all renewed and beautiful! Have a drink for me too!
Here’s to a beautiful, healthier you!
Image courtesy of nenetus at FreeDigitalPhotos.net