New Year's Eve - Purple & Gold Eye Makeup Tutorial December 30, 2015 00:08
Can you believe that Christmas is behind us and New Year’s Eve is just 1 day away? Another year has passed in what seems to be the blink of an eye. No time for melancholy though with so many things to prepare for the biggest event of the year, the New Year’s Eve party. You certainly want to welcome the New Year with the best possible version of yourself. I bet you already picked your dress, shoes, jewelry and hair style by now. But have you given some thought to your makeup? There's nothing worse than having to rush and improvise your makeup at the last minute – speaking from experience here! Avoid unnecessary stress and do a makeup rehearsal to validate your colour choices and figure out how much time you need to be ready.
New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to glam up your makeup. When choosing your colours, get inspiration from your outfit, but make sure to add a dab of coloured glitter to the centre of the lid as a finishing touch. Sparkle of some sort is a must for the holiday season. If you are looking for some makeup inspiration, here's a step-by-step tutorial of one of my favourite party looks – wintery purples and golden eye shadows, teamed with black eyeliner and mascara.
- Prepare your face and follow steps 1 to 4 as described in How to Achieve a Natural No-Makeup Look blog post. You can choose a bolder colour for your cheeks like Red Cherry for light skin or Burgundy for dark skin.
- Apply a mineral primer to your entire eyelid to create a base for your eye shadows and extend their life.
- Place the light purple eye shadow (Eye Shadow No. 12) all over the upper lid, the internal corner of the eye and below the brow to highlight and open up the eye.
- Dip the tip of a blending brush in the deep purple eye shadow (Eye Shadow No.14). Apply the colour on the external corner of the eye and along the crease to add depth. Blend it so that there are no harsh edges and everything looks seamless.
- Apply the gold eye shadow (Eye Shadow No. 4) to the centre of the lid.
- Line your upper and lower lash line with black eyeliner, extending the line on your upper lid to create a wing.
- Using a thin eye liner brush, apply some gold eye shadow (Eye Shadow No. 4) under the lower lash line to add extra sparkle.
If you are a visual person like me, I know you'll appreciate the image below.
8. Curl lashes and apply mascara.
10. For extra sparkle -- you can’t have too much on New Year’s Eve, really! -- add a touch of Mulberry lip gloss on top of your lipstick.
I hope you'll give this look a try. Here's a little incentive: Post a picture with your New Year's Eve face or just eye makeup, even if you used different brands, and post it on our Facebook page by end of day Sunday, January 3rd, 2016. The person with the best eye makeup, as voted by our fans by January 10, 2016, will win the 3 eye shadows and black eyeliner used in this tutorial. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.
Here's to a beautiful, healthier you in 2016!